E Komo Mai! Welcome to my blog.

I'm delighted that you dropped in! E Komo Mai: WELCOME! This blog is basically an online visual journal is modeled after a concept I learned of in psychology 101... waaaaaaay back in college. That concept was somewhere in the chapter on The Significance of Dreams, where it mentioned someone's theory on dreaming about a house usually means that the house represents you. So I have used my actual house (Mauna Lea Manor) to structure my blog. In different rooms you will find different aspects of my life; different interests I like to blog about. This is a way to bring a little organization into my life and thoughts for myself... (dreams are in The Bedroom, Family updates are in The Living room, etc.)
This also, I would imagine, make reading this blog more convenient for you as well. If you are a grandparent interested in seeing photos and hearing stories about my boys, but maybe not so interested in my bellydancing obsession: you can just read what goes on in The Playground. But if you are an Art Collector more interested in my latest work and information on collecting, but not especially interested in my personal life: you'd enjoy The Office. Mauna Lea Manor is sort of the foyer to all the other rooms. If you would like to tour my online portfolio, please visit: www.stephaniebolton.com.
I hope you enjoy your time here ;) & continue to stop by!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Announcing...

I am thrilled to announce that tomorrow I will be posting an interview with
stunning belly dancer & humanitarian...

Tamalyn has travelled the globe teaching and performing belly dance
whilst also leading a truly inspiring and sensational life.
You want to miss hearing about her unique story.

You also will be excited to learn that my blog sponsor
Will be offering a give-away prize this week for one lucky reader!
Huluwuwu creates gorgeous jewelry & accessories from feathers, glitter, and flowers!
The prize being offered is pictured below:

(More details on how to win these whimsical White orchid earrings by Huluwuwu tomorrow)

Why is Tamalyn Dallal being interviewed?
Because she is contributing an article to a book I will illustrating!
Several sensational belly dancers are contributing their writing to compile the fourth book in this excellent series.
I will be doing a mixed media portrait of each contributing authoress for the book.
On this blog you can join me in the process of creating this artwork.
I am going to introduce you to each dancing authoress with an interview and show what I have to work with and then you can see the finished result first hand here online.

To see the finished collection of paintings in person- you can attend

I will be exhibiting at the Chinatown Courtyard in Honolulu on Oahu,
October 1st 2010 5-10pm.
This event will feature live performances from Kalae & her troupe Shakti Dance Movement
and live musical entertainment & other vendors/artists

If you can't make it to Oahu but would like to see the collection of paintings in person
email me about holding an Art exhibit in your area.
mauna.lea.studios@gmail.com

See you tomorrow for the interview!

No comments: