E Komo Mai! Welcome to my blog.

I'm delighted that you dropped in! E Komo Mai: WELCOME! This blog is basically an online visual journal is modeled after a concept I learned of in psychology 101... waaaaaaay back in college. That concept was somewhere in the chapter on The Significance of Dreams, where it mentioned someone's theory on dreaming about a house usually means that the house represents you. So I have used my actual house (Mauna Lea Manor) to structure my blog. In different rooms you will find different aspects of my life; different interests I like to blog about. This is a way to bring a little organization into my life and thoughts for myself... (dreams are in The Bedroom, Family updates are in The Living room, etc.)
This also, I would imagine, make reading this blog more convenient for you as well. If you are a grandparent interested in seeing photos and hearing stories about my boys, but maybe not so interested in my bellydancing obsession: you can just read what goes on in The Playground. But if you are an Art Collector more interested in my latest work and information on collecting, but not especially interested in my personal life: you'd enjoy The Office. Mauna Lea Manor is sort of the foyer to all the other rooms. If you would like to tour my online portfolio, please visit: www.stephaniebolton.com.
I hope you enjoy your time here ;) & continue to stop by!



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Present for little Mr. Roberts ;)

I took an e-course on creative business know-how by Kelly Rae Roberts 
(which I highly recommend- more on that below)

and I made friends with some of my e-classmates

Sonya is one of them & she thought of this great idea:
since most of us are a bunch of artists
she is collecting quilt squares of our artwork to make a baby blanket for our teacher's new baby
(did I mention Kelly Rae Roberts was pregnant ...& still is... during our course?)

See the quilt square I made- and others- HERE

...now about this e-course:
If you have any aspirations to get your artwork published
publish a book
build a blog worth reading
figure out how to make social networking work for you
create a website to show & sell your artwork online
get your art in galleries - show at crafts shows
get licensed
She will explain the ins & outs of these things and more
with VERY INFORMATIVE interviews of the editors of magazines and book companies and
award-winning blogsters who give you insider tips!!!

It is a great course!

Since baby is on the way, she doesn't know when she will be offering it again, but never fear!
She created an e-book course that you can do on your own from the class material!
Just click on the badge below to get your copy!



150√ó240 flying lessons badge

1 comment:

meemers said...

Steph that quilt square was gorgeous, I think you should do a series of little something with that theme, birds and babies both are very popular at the moment! Beautiful work.